Diet is one of the most critical steps of the Candida Plan. We’ll be taking away certain foods that either feed the fungal candida, create an allergic and/or inflammatory response in the body or simply interfere with the detoxification process taking place during The Candida Plan.
These foods will be slowly added back to your diet. Always listen to your body.
To help you achieve total success with the diet plan, we put together a tried and tested list of tips.
Do you have additional tips or tricks that have worked for you? Please let us know.
Food Tips during The Candida Plan:
1) Before you start the Plan, clean your pantry and get rid of all non-compliant foods.
3) Keep the appropriate foods and snacks handy. Never go hungry.
4) When unsure about a certain food, apply this very simply rule: “If in doubt, don’t eat it.”
5) For cooking or salad dressing:
- Use organic extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, virgin coconut, apricot or almond oils (most other oils are toxic to the body.) Cold-pressed oils are best.
- Use Extra-Virgin Olive Oil with lemon or lime juice on salads. You can also mix up your own dressings by adding seasonings, fresh and dried herbs, and Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids.
6) Seasonings include: Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids, salt, pepper, lemon, and all types of herbs (as long as there are no sugars, yeast, or anything not on the plan).
7) We recommend naturally raised and organic foods.
8) Eat foods from the “YES” List that work well with your body.
9) Start your day with protein (ground beef, turkey or chicken mixed with eggs is a great option).
10) For breakfast you can make a spinach (or other vegetable) omelet.
11) Make the brown rice cereal and add sliced fruit such as bananas, apples and berries.
12) Broil a steak or bake a piece of fish for lunch or dinner. Serve it with any of the dozens of vegetables.
13) Use a variety of foods to make a simple vegetable or chicken soup or a beef or lamb stew.
14) We do not recommend canned foods and sauces, as they ferment and can increase their sugar content.
15) If you’re traveling or eating out in restaurants, order a burger and salad for lunch. Remove the bun and hold the dressing.
16) Carry a supply of plain brown rice cakes for snack. You can top it off with avocado or sliced turkey/chicken/roast beef.
17) Keep plenty of fresh fruit on hand.
18) Bake yams, sweet and regular potatoes and have them as a snack or as a side dish.
19) Dessert ideas: Freeze and enjoy your own frozen fruit or buy some from a grocery store (except for frozen blueberries).
20) Make your own thick French Fries with Olive Oil and seasonings.
21) Fruits and veggies should not be overcooked so as to change the composition of the food. Thinly slicing veggies and fruits and baking them caramelizes sugars in food, and that should be avoided.
22) Eat fruits and vegetables as whole or cut into chunks.
23) Sugar free gums and mints can contain aspertain and other chemicals that may be harmful to the body. Check some alternatives to keep your breath nice and fresh here.
24) Breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes are all interchangeable just make sure you are eating well balanced meals throughout the day.
25) Choose a day during the week to do additional cooking so you will have a few days where you do not need to cook. We have a great recipe for a Pot Roast.
26) Eat throughout the day to provide your body with nutrients and energy.
27) Make sure to place the Quick Guide in a visible place in your kitchen.
28) Make use of the tracking calendar and our suggested grocery shopping list. All these documents can be found in our resource page.
29) When it’s time to add foods back to your diet (week 9) make sure to add one item at a time.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need any support while doing The Candida Plan.
The Candida Plan has been around for 31+ years so don’t hesitate to contact us if you feel you’re struggling or have questions about the changes taking place in your body.
We are here to support you all the way through.
Dr. Jeffrey S. McCombs, DC, is founder of the McCombs Center for Health, the Candida Plan, the Candida Library, and author of Lifeforce, The Everything Candida Book, and The Everything Guide to Autoimmune Diets. Check out our podcast, Candida Diet Tips Recipes, and Insights on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music and Alexa Flash Briefings.
Follow us on: