Try this delicious corn soup on a cold day. Only 120 calories per serving!
Sopa de Elote y Anis (Corn Soup)
- 8 medium ears of corn husked and kernels off
- 7.5 cups water
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 star anise
- 4 Serrano chiles (peppers)
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt (to taste)
- Bring 7 cups of water to a boil. Add the kernels, onion and salt. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool. In a blender purée the cooked kernels with onion and remaining water. Then strain. Pour corn purée into a pot.
- Boil the star anise with the Serrano chiles with a half cup of water. Blend the Serrano chiles and the anise and add salt to taste.
- Heat up corn puree to a boil, pour it into a serving bowl, then add a few drops of the Serrano Chiles and Star Anise on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!