Slow Cooker Quick and Easy Pot Roast
This is a great way to cook once for several days.
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 butternut squash (big to medium size)
- 6 Potatoes
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 fennel
- 2 bay leaves dried
- 6-8 carrots
- 2 stalks celery cut into chunks
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminoacids
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Generously season both sides of roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sear the roast on both sides for 5-6 minutes each, until well browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Peel vegetables and cut into chunks.
- Place vegetables in the slow cooker. Place roast over the vegetables and pour water and Bragg's. Add bay leaves.
- Cover slow cooker, turn to high and cook the roast for 5-6 hours, until the meat is fork tender. You can also set the slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
You can also add onions or garlic to taste and replace any of the vegetables listed above.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!