PESCADO AL CARBONGrilled Fish with Salsa Fresca (Fresh)
- 4 fish fillets (Tilapia Mahi Mahi, Red snapper, Grouper, etc)
- 2 c. diced plum tomatoes about 6 medium plum tomatoes
- 1 c. onion finely chopped about one medium onion
- 1/2 c. cilantro finely chopped about 1/2 of a bunch
- 1 Tbsp Chiles Serranos finely chopped 3 Chiles Serranos or 1 jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 medium avocado
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground peppercorn to taste
- Sauce: In a large bowl mix together: tomato, onion, cilantro, Chiles Serranos, olive oil and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate for approximately one hour for the flavors to marry. Remove from the refrigerator, and let it warm at room temperature. Fish: rub olive oil on the fish and season with salt and black pepper. Cook the fish fillets on a grill or in a broiler until tender (be mindful not to overcook).
- To serve: Place the fish on a serving plate and place a scoop of the salsa mixture on top of the fish. Garnish with slices of avocado and sprigs of cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!