FILETE DE RES EN SALSA DE MORITA Y TOMATILLO (Beef Tenderloin in Morita Chile and Tomatillo Sauce)
- 6 8 oz center cut beef tenderloin filets
- 2 lbs roasted tomatillos
- 3-4 Morita Chiles
- 1/2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Shiitake Mushrooms sliced
- 1 c. water
- Salt to taste
- Sauce: In a small sauce pan bring 1 cup of water to a boil then add the Morita Chiles and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Next, sauté the shiitakes in olive oil then set aside.
- Then, put Tomatillos and Morita Chiles with left over water in a blender or a food processor and puree. Then, pour puree in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil and season with salt. Add sautéed mushrooms and let simmer for about 8 minutes. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Beef: Place the beef filets on a very hot grill, and add salt and fresh pepper. Grill for about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare (depending on thickness).
- To serve: place beef in the center of a serving plate and spoon the Tomatillo and Chile Sauce around the beef filet. Drizzle additional sauce over the filet. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!