BASIL AND SAGE STEAK
- Dry Rub:
- 3 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. sage
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 inches steaks about 1 to 1 1/2thick
- Sage Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 leaves c. packed fresh sage
- 1/4 leaves c. packed fresh basil
- 1 tsp. mashed anchovy fillet or paste
- Dry Rub: At least 2-1/2 hours and up to 12 hours before you grill the steaks, prepare the dry rub combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Coat the steaks thoroughly with the rub, wrap them in plastic and refrigerate until 30 minutes before grilling. Grill to desired doneness.
- Sage Sauce: Combine oil, fresh sage and basil in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes. Strain the sage and basil leaves, then add the mashed anchovies. Spoon sauce over grilled steaks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!